Texas-E.M.O.J.I POWER YOUR SCHOOL CONTEST 2017
NEW program and we are excited to offer it FREE to your school. Lets hurry, ONLY 3 will be selected.
Submit your entry and win the value of up to $6,300 in American, U.S. of United Americas, U.S.A. dollars!!!! Exciting isn't it!!?!?!?
COMETRY IS OFFERING THREE FREE SHOWS AND ONE OTHER AT A HALF OFF TO TEXAS & TEXAS ONLY!!!!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The COMETRY, LLC® 2017 Power Your School Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legally established private, public, charter, independent, non-sectarian, Catholic, and Protestant, Jesuit, Independent Universities, Universities, and Colleges of Texas. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. The Contest is open for video and essay submissions. The prizes are intended to be allocated to schools within the state of Texas.
Administrator: COMETRY, LLC p.o.box 18333, Austin, TX 78760.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Contest begins on August 15,2017 at 12:00 a.m. Central Time (CT), ends on September 15, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. CT (the "Contest Period"). Administrator's computer/E-mail clock is the official timekeeping device for the Contest.
5. How to Enter: There are 2 ways to enter the Contest: with a video or with an essay.
During the Contest Period, send your email or link to your video to email@example.com. Include a valid home address and/or the location of the school you wish to nominate. You may optionally provide the name and contact information for the appropriate party at the school who will be responsible for accepting the prize, shall your entry be selected as a winner. If you do not provide this information within your email submission, you will be required to provide it later, if the school is selected.
Videos should be at least 2 minutes long and essays at least 500 words long, that demonstrates why you feel your school needs or deserves to receive our newest program E.M.O.J.I. If you do so during the Contest Period and your submission is approved, it will be considered for a prize in the Contest.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Be sure you have permission from any person or persons included in your submission to use their image, voice, story or other content as part of this Contest. Also be sure the school you nominate is aware, willing, and able to accept the prize if awarded.
By submitting your submission, you agree that it conforms to the Content Restrictions as defined below. The administrator may remove your submission and disqualify it from the Contest if they believe your Submission fails to conform to the Content Restrictions.
Content Restrictions & Instituion Requirements:
- The submission must be the entrant’s original story/stories
- The submission must not feature material that violates or infringes on another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity, trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property rights
- The submission must meet the minimum length requirements stated above and must not exceed 5 minutes for a video submission or 1,500 words for an essay submission
- The submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous
- The submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
Note: such matters may be regarded but NOT promoted.
- The submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where submission is created
- The institution must allow COMETRY to film the entire duration of our visit to your campus
- The institution must have a mandatory attendance of at least 600 audience members
- The institution must have an auditorium that can seat at least 600 members, and have an above standard or high quality sound system, and access to a projector and projector screen.
- The institution must provide two microphones, two microphone stands, and a portable whiteboard (or something similar)
- The institution must allow 84 minutes for the E.M.O.J.I. Presentation and an additional 47 minutes to allow for testimonial recordings post presentation, within the same day
COMETRY must have permission from all individuals who appear or who are mentioned in the film (if any) or participated in the creation of the testimonies to use their name, voice, and/or likeness in the trailer and to grant the rights set forth herein.
NOTE: COMETRY reserves the right to edit, crop, blur, or otherwise revise any footage to remove or obscure any logos or other content that may be of concern to COMETRY, in its sole discretion.
Limit: Each participant may enter the Contest up to one time per day during the Contest Period, regardless of format or combination of formats of entry (videos or essays). You may nominate another school or more than one school, but may only nominate one school per submission. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of submissions by using multiple/different accounts, identities, registrations, logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's submissions and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to participate will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person associated with the email address used to submit the required materials. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder, employee, or have an affiliation with said institution.
6. Winner Determination: After the conclusion of the Contest Period, a panel of qualified judges determined by COMETRY in its sole discretion will judge all eligible Contest Submissions based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
- Creativity/Originality (5%)
- Fit to the Theme, mission, or goals, of School (10%)
- Incorporation of stories/events related to suicide or mental health concerns within the school or community (60%)
- Describe the need for a social worker, counselor, therapist, or non-academic counselor/advisor (10%)
- Describe the current cultural mental habits (healthy, unhealthy, or wavering) of your school i.e. values, beliefs, behaviors, common phrases, emotional state, etc. (10%)
- Quality of Submission (5%)
7. Winner Requirements: The potential winners will be notified by COMETRY via email, mail, or phone. Each potential winner must provide a contact at the applicable school (if he or she has not done so already) and must follow all prize claim instructions within the requested time frame or his or her school will forfeit the applicable prize. Once a potential winner receives information about claiming his/her prize, he/she has 3 business days to respond with the required information or his or her school will forfeit the prize.
The representative of each potential winner’s school will be required to sign and return a contract of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release form, which must be received by the Administrator, within 5 business days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to agree to accept the applicable prize. If a potential winner or the school representative for any prize cannot be contacted, fails to respond or to sign and return the contract or provide any other requested information within the required time period, if the email is returned as undeliverable, or is disqualified for any other reason, the potential winner’s school forfeits the prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. If a potential winner or school is disqualified for any reason, COMETRY may award the applicable prize to a runner-up, in its sole discretion, based on the judging process above.
Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each winner’s and school representative’s agreement and consent that COMETRY and its team may use the winner’s or school’s name, city, state, likeness, photo, submission and/or prize information, whether in connection with the contest or otherwise, for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission (including permission from any persons who participated in the creation of the submission) or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. Without limiting the generality of these Official Rules, each winner and each school shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to COMETRY the entirety of the rights in and to the submission and all renewals and extensions of copyright, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity including, without limitation, the rights to use the submission for any and all purposes in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity. Prizes will be fulfilled and/or scheduled approximately 2 - 14 weeks after the school is confirmed.
8. Prizes: Submissions that meet the requirements and rules of this contest
1st Place Award:
GRAND PRIZES : A FREE, full 84 minute presentation of our newest program E.M.O.J.I (managing mental health) and all travel expenses and accommodations absorbed by COMETRY, LLC. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $6,300.
2nd Place Award:
RUNNER UP: A FREE, full 84 minute presentation of our newest program E.M.O.J.I.(managing mental health). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $5,300. Travel expenses and accommodations must be covered by the institution or qualified winner.
3rd Place Award:
RUNNER UP: A 50% discount on our 84 minute presentation of our newest program E.M.O.J.I (managing mental health). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $2,650. Travel expenses and accommodations must be covered by the institution or qualified winner.
Submit NOW, you could be the pioneer that starts the conversations of mental health within your school/community!
For questions contact: